Thursday, January 8, 2015

Spiced Roasted Almonds

I have a notebook of collected & created recipes, as well as food ideas & memories, which I started around four years ago. It continues to build, with the dream of one day publishing something, though unfortunately, it contains the odd recipe to which I can't recall the inspiration: a book, a cafe, the internet, or my pantry? The guess is anyone's. 

This is one of those. However, with the way the food world works, there are undeniably plenty of similar and good recipes out there, meaning: 1. I have no fear of committing plagiarism, and 2. This is simply mine. Yours will be the same recipe with a slight tweak, and your friend's another. What matters is: it's delicious (and in this case, very addictive).

--
Spiced Roasted Almonds

Approx. 1 c of raw, unroasted and unseasoned almonds (skins on)
3/4 tsp turmeric
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika (or cayenne pepper)(however, if you are averse to heat, stick to more sweet smoked paprika)
3/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp fine sea salt

Preheat oven to 180degC/350degF. Toss all ingredients together thoroughly with 1 tablespoon of water.  Spread out in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Roast for 12 minutes, or until golden and crunchy. Remove from oven and cool slightly before eating. 

These store well in a clear, airtight jar. 

Spiced Roasted Almonds

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmmm!! I started Paleo a couple of weeks back and am always on the look out for good snack ideas that aren't prunes! LOL I will be making these tonight! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yay glad I could give you an alternative to prunes!! hope you like them, I just made a fresh batch myself - so addictive aye!?

      Delete